Sunday, November 22, 2009

Wikipedia Entry Assignment

Day 1: Friday, November 20


I'm searching for wikipedia entries that seem incomplete, outdated, or wrong. I think the entry I'm going to choose is either going to be a movie, television show, or a certain event in history. What I have learned and researched about on wikipedia is how incredibly easy it is to use and change by revising and adding new information. Andrew Keen is right, you don't need much of a brain, wikipedia makes it very simple. Although for certain entries on wikipedia, they have a lock panel, where they don't allow you to use or change anything on the particular entry. Though, there are certain entries that don't have lock panels and you can change or add all you want, by pressing edit on wikipedia and saving.



Day 2: Saturday, November 21


I've decided to choose the movie, The Shawshank Redemption as my wikipedia entry. I feel it's incomplete in certain areas and needs to be added and revised a little bit.

Day 3: Sunday, November 22

I've gone on The Shawshank Redemption entry to make changes about the film and information that I know, but wasn't included. I plan to see if any changes occur or if my changes to the entry remain there or not in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment